Our friends over at The Roasted Fig are always cooking up something delicious in their kitchen with help from Chef Freddy Kunkel. I personally do not eat shrimp (save the animals!), but Hallie and Len loved it!
This Shrimp Cocktail with Tomato Balsamic Marmalade makes a perfect hors d’oeuvre that you can whip up and serve within the hour. This 7 ingredient recipe is super easy and even if you don’t have a culinary bone in your body – you can make it.
Ready, set, cook!
- 1-2 lb. of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 plumb tomatoes, diced small
- 1/2 red onion, diced small
- 2-3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. sugar or honey
- 1 lemon juiced
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil with your favorite seasoning (old bay, lemons, coriander, cumin, garlic, etc.).
- Boil the shrimp for about 5-8 minutes, until they are cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove from water and set aside to cool, and then refrigerate the shrimp once they are cool.
- In a saucepot on medium heat, add all the tomatoes, onion, and garlic.
- Cook the mixture down until it resembles a tomato sauce, then add 2 .p. of balsamic vinegar and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on medium low heat
- Lower heat to a simmer and add 2 tbsp. of sugar or honey and stir every few minutes as the mixture thickens and resembles a marmalade.
- Lay the shrimp on a plate and dollop the marmalade over the individual shrimp and garnish with lemon juice and serve.